- January 21, 2019 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- April 20, 2019 (the first day of National Park Week)
- August 25, 2019 (the National Park Service’s birthday)
- September 28, 2019 (National Public Lands Day)
- November 11, 2019 (Veterans Day)
You love being outdoors? If you're reading this, then we can bet you're nodding your head right about now. It's pretty simple folks. If you're outdoors, then you've heard the saying "Please take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing...seriously nothing, take all your sh!t back where you came from."
But seriously, respect the outdoors. Keep wild places wild.
Still in doubt? Here's your checklist to make sure you're leaving no trace.
Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Know where you're going.
- Know what you're doing.
- You can predict the weather. Kinda.
- A flask of whiskey. Because we can. And you should celebrate every place you reach after a long trek. Acceptable subs: tequila, rum, and microbrews.
- Navigation (map and compass). But fair warning, if you don't know how to use these, then take a class. Being prepared doesn't...
Everyone who has been will go back if they get the chance – without blinking an eye. Those who gave up their chance to go, immediately regret their decision the minute they hear the stories from their friends who did go.
Here's the quick and dirty about making your trip to Havasupai a legendary adventure.
- One, you got permits. That on its own is worth bragging about. Be stoked you're going!
- Second, the hike is not hard, unless you want it to be. Pack right and pack light. And if you can't carry your own gear there, maybe you...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.