Upper Falls to Mirror Lake Backpacking Loop
Early Bird Special ends April 30.
3-Day, 2-Night Trip
Friday - Sunday
Explore Yosemite’s North Rim
Crew Size: Up to 10 Guests
Activity Level: Challenging
A Legendary Weekend Adventure backpacking Yosemite Valley’s North Rim and exploring Upper Falls, Snow Creek trail, and Mirror Lake. Mileage here won’t be the challenge – the elevation gain in a short distance is what makes this trip an adventure. You’ll get the best seats in the house and you’ll be rewarded with views all along this loop.
We’ll be hiking alongside the highest waterfall in North America, Yosemite Falls (2,425'), and getting some of the best views in the park. Enjoy the views, spectacular lookout points, stand on the edge of gnarly drops, get your heart raising, set up camp creekside, indulge in secluded swimming holes, and have a night out on the town with our delicious backcountry meals. But before the weekend is over, who wants to float the river?
Meeting Time: 7 AM, Friday
We rise before the rooster crows, beat the crowds, and experience Yosemite in its quiet, natural self.
Wilderness Badass operates under special use permit in Yosemite National Park.
- Must be 21 to Join
- Backpacking Weekend Adventure
- 20.6 Miles
- 4,428 Total Elevation Gain
- Activity Level: Challenging
- Grizzly Crew Challenge: Race to the Bottom – Let's Float the River
- Upper Falls Wilderness Permits and Camping Fees
- Rad, Professional, and Experienced Grizzly Crew Guides
- Wilderness Medicine Certified Guides
- Delicious Meals: Lunch on Friday thru Breakfast on Sunday
- Group Camping Gear: Water Filter, Stoves, Group Cookware
- Satellite Communications Device (for Emergencies Only)
- Pre-trip planning with the Grizzly Crew to discuss hikes, sights, and how to pack for your trip
- Transportation to and from Yosemite
- Park Entrance Fees
- Travel Insurance
- Guides' Gratuities
+ Your Packing List
You will need to bring all the necessary clothes and backpacking equipment for the trip (pack, sleeping bag, tent, bowl/plate, utensils, water bottle or bladder, etc.) – an exact packing list will be provided upon registration. Backpacking equipment is available for rent for additional fees per item.
+ Crew Size
- Minimum (Needed): 4 People
- Maximum: 10 People
+ Notice - Dates & Permits
Upper Falls wilderness backpacking permits are included with this trip. Permits have been confirmed and this is a guaranteed trip. When you book your trip you'll receive confirmation and will have a guaranteed spot for the weekend.
We meet every guest in Yosemite National Park. If you’re booking flight reservations or need additional assistance with transportation, let us know ahead of time. Packing lists, directions, whiskey selection tips, road trip playlist suggestions, and gear recommendations will be sent out once you’ve booked your trip.